- Candidate must have +2 or equivalent in science with physics and mathematics with 100-100 full marks certificate level and must scored at least C grade in all subjects or with second division. Or,
- A level – Candidate must have taken science streams with physics and mathematics of 100-100 marks with minimum of D grade in each subject. Or,
- CTEVT- Candidate with diploma must have taken physics and mathematics of 100-100 marks and passed with second division. Or,
- Foreign Universities- Applicants must have taken equivalence certificate of respective level from Curriculum development center.
- The applicants must have passed the entrance test conducted by the university.
- All the successful candidates of written entrance test will be called for interview with parents/guardians.
- The final result of successful candidates for admission will be published on the basis of intermediate/+2 grades, TU entrance test score and interview on the day of interview.
The mission of the BSc. CSIT course is to prepare the students to pursue career advancement in the field of information technology. At the completion of this degree, a student will be able to design the real world e-media products or create technical solutions to hardware and software problems, depending on the chosen area of specialization and electives.
However, the main aims of the BSc. CSIT program are as follows:
- Offering intensive knowledge in the theory, design, programming and application of computers.
- Providing an in-depth understanding of and experience with computer systems.
- Developing creative and analytical skills that provides a basis for technological problem- solving.
- Equipping students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professionals to handle multi-tasking situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions.
- Imparting knowledge of computer and programming logic environment in IT.
- Giving knowledge of advanced IT applications in different business sectors.
- Equiping students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professional to handle multi-tasking and multi programming situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions.
- Providing necessary knowledge in the field of functional knowledge of hardware system and the necessary knowledge of computer software system.
The BSc. CSIT graduates have a prosperous career opportunity at different governmental, nongovernmental, private and public organizations like software companies, telecommunications. computer networking companies, etc. especially as a:
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Network Administrator
- Database Administrator
- IT Manager/Officer
- Ergonomics Program Designer
- System Analyst
- Project Manager
- Document Specialist
- Information System Auditor
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist
- Technical Writer
- Information System Manager
- Database Operator
- GIS Operator
- Advanced Networking with IPV6 (CSC463)
- Distributed Networking (CSC464)
- Game Technology (CSC465)
- Distributed and Object Oriented Database (CSC466)
- Introduction to Cloud Computing (CSC467)
- Geographical Information System (CSC468)
- Decision Support System and Expert System (CSC469)
- Mobile Application Development (CSC470)
- Real Time Systems (CSC471)
- Network and System Administration (CSC472)
- Embedded Systems Programming (CSC473)
- International Business Management (MGT474)